Thursday 12 June 2014

On Fire With My Writing

Banjo and Daisy sleeping on the bedToday has been a really busy day of writing.

I've written several articles, finished the first draft of a new ebook and written the sales page.

Phew! Not bad going for one day.

Working on the ebook also involved finding several hyperlinks for things I wanted to link to in the text. Things like that can really slow things down sometimes.

But none the less I cracked on and have been busy working away all day. I didn't intend to work all day, but the time just seemed to fly. One minute I was starting to write and the next thing I knew it was over an hour later yet it didn't seem that long at all. And that kept happening all day.

I was also doing some baking and washing so I had to keep running in and out to the kitchen to do things and go downstairs to the laundry to hang the washing out and put in another load (a woman's work is never done - heavy sigh).

And now I've just finished the day's washing up (I don't have a dish washer) and I'm back at my desk to write this blog post and then I'm going to do a bit of proof reading, although I might lay on the couch in the living room to do that. The TV isn't on so it's nice and quiet in the house. All I can hear is the dogs going "yip!" now and again in their sleep. It makes me jump but keeps me focused. That's them (Banjo and Daisy) in the photo at the top of the page, sprawled all over my bed.

I have to say that the speed of my writing is improving lately thanks to the writing courses I've been using.

I've also been reading (several times) the new ebook by Neil Martin "1500 Words Per Hour: How To Write Faster, Better And More Easily Using The Simple And Powerful Speed Write System For Writing Mastery". I'm quite impressed with this one too.

And while I'm talking about things are great to read and truly insightful and inspiring, I've also been following Dean Wesley Smith's series called Killing the Top Ten Sacred Cows of Publishing. It's a series of free articles on his website. He is also writing Killing the Top Ten Sacred Cows if Indie Publishing too. Both are on the same web page. If you haven't read them, I can recommend that you do.

He also has a series called Think Like a Publisher which is oh-so-helpful if you want to be a full time writer and publisher because it's all about the business side of things including forecasting how many books you are going to write in a year. Brilliant stuff.

Now I have to get back to work.

Have fun reading and writing.

Write fast and write often.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments