Thursday 9 October 2014

They are Calling Me "an online writing guru"

Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net Ohmmy3d
With my years of experience of writing, freelance writing, and online writing I was offered the opportunity of teaching a course at my local community college.

Yesterday they sent me an email with a link to my new course page.

I clicked through and two things struck me.

The first was that the course is already listed as "sold out."

The second thing was that they have called me "an online writing guru."

That title made me smile. I've never been called a "guru" of any kind before.

But seeing that "sold out" sign made me worry slightly.

I just hope that everyone isn't expecting miracles about what I'll be teaching them.

In fact, the only thing that I will be teaching them is what I already know, which, when I think about it, is quite a bit.

You see, I've been working as a writer for many years now and when I speak to people about what I do I'm surprised at how much knowledge I have that I think is common knowledge, but it turns out that not many people know about it.

And now I'm listed as being "an online writing guru" and later this month I'll be tutoring, in a course of 6 lessons, everything I know about making money online as a writer.

I do have quite a few ebooks for writers already including:

The Wealthy Writer: How to Make $100K/Year Writing For The Internet

Living the Laptop Lifestyle: How to Start & Grow a Profitable Online Business So You Can Quit Your Job

Goodbye Writer's Block: How to Be a Creative Genius and Have an Abundance of Ideas Plus the Inspiration and Motivation to Write

E-Publish and Be Damned! How You Can Make a Million Writing Your Own Ebooks

Self-Publish Worldwide

The 12 Month Writing Challenge: One Whole Year of Writing Consistently and Earning Over $36,000

So all-in-all, I guess I do know a thing or two about making money as an online writer.

And if you want to, you can see my new listing as a college tutor at

http://www.sunshinecoastcommunitycollege.com.au/course-detail.html?courseid=14687

Just remember, it wasn't me who did the write up about the class. That must have been their own marketing team. My own communication with the college was quite professional and serious.