Wednesday 16 September 2015

No I Won't Personally Tutor You And Here Are The Reasons Why

Okay...As you must already know by now I've been doing a run of local talks about setting up websites/blogs and making money online.

I called these talks The Laptop Lifestyle, after my best selling ebook of the same name.

Since then (as well as during my run of talks) I've had quite a few emails from people asking if I do private group lessons on how to do it all.

Now, while I can understand everyone wanting to know more about this, I'll give my reasons for not doing private group lessons:

  1. It takes up too much of my time.
  2. I'd rather be doing the work myself than teaching others how to do it. 
  3. Most people don't want to know how to do it, they want me to do it for them.

All three of these reasons are valid on their own.

I'm far too busy doing my own work to take time out to teach others.

And the reason I work online is because I enjoy working alone. As nice as it was to get out and meet lots of new people, at heart I'm a working alone kind of person.

I love to sit here every day, learn more about working online, write ebooks and courses and earn money from what I do.

And there are many people who also want to do the same. I know this because many of them were at my talks.

But the difference, is that I found that many of them don't really want to work like I do. They want someone else to do the work while they reap the benefit.

I kept pointing everyone to my Laptop Lifestyle ebook that provides everything they need to get started. I told them that working online involves getting going and learning as you go along.

Yet still I keep hearing from people saying they couldn't set up a free blog because they'd learned all about how to do it but were confused (without even starting), weren't sure how blogging software works, weren't sure how many blog posts to write to get started, wanted to know what to do if they didn't make money...and on and on the list went.

I've been repeating myself over and over about this to so many different people lately, and I'll say it again.

You don' have to get it right. You just have to get it going.

It's impossible to know everything there is to know about something before you start.

Look at learning to drive. Did you know how to do it before you started or did you get in the car and learn as you went along?

At school, did you learn your math lessons by the teacher explaining everything about math without you having to lift a finger, or did you learn by actually doing the math yourself?

And as for knowing how something works to be able to use it (like blogging software), I use electricity every day but I have no clue how it works or how to fix it when it breaks. I also don't know how computers work either, but that doesn't stop me from earning all my income from one.

So if you want to make money online from writing, blogging, affiliate marketing, advertising or any other of the hundreds of ways to do it, stop making excuses and just get it going. (This advice also applies to everything you want to do that you've never done before).

And if you don't know where to start, you can start by clicking the image below for more information.

But please don't ask me to tutor you personally.

I'm far too busy writing and living my own Laptop Lifestyle.


Living The Laptop Lifestyle: How to Start & Grow a Profitable Online Business So You Can Quit Your Job



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments