Friday 22 January 2016

How to Write More Books Without Needing Extra Time

“Man With Laptop” by Ambro
Finding enough time to write is a problem for many writers.

It's bad enough when you have other commitments like a full time job and/or a family, because these things can't really take a back seat when it comes to your time commitments.

But what do you do when you want to write books but you don't seem to be able to find the time to do it?

This is often a major dilemma because even when you do find time to write there are other things to take care of like website updates or blog posts to write or email waiting to be answered.

Well, I found a way to get more book writing done without needing more time to do it.

What I do is I write my books first.

When I sit down to write every day, the first thing I do is my book writing for an hour or two.

After that, I'll look at doing other things like checking my emails (ALWAYS a big time suck) and writing blog posts.

That way, I still work for the same amount of hours every day, but no matter what else comes up, I know that my book writing is done for the day.

And it's amazing how much writing I can do in just an hour or two a day.

No matter what time of day I sit down to work, as long as I do my book writing first, I know that my books will get written no matter what.

It's all a matter of prioritising.

Which is usually a lot easier said than done, but not when you commit to doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments