Friday 18 March 2016

How To Get Out of Your Own Way

Over the past couple of weeks I've been slightly neglectful of posting to this blog.

One of the reasons is that I've been busy working my way though the latest book I bought (and I buy and read many).

This one has really got my attention in a big way, even though it is more than a simple read.

The book is called "How to Get Out of Your Own Way: A Step-by-Step Guide for Identifying and Achieving Your Goals."

I bought it as a paperback book from Amazon.com because it seems that this is the only place I could find to buy it. I wanted it to find out why I never seem to get as many things done as I want to (especially with my writing) and why so often I don't finish projects that I start.

I was intrigued after I listened to the audio version of it which I borrowed from my local library.

Once I began listening to it, it didn't take me long (about an hour I think it was) to really want to own my own paperback copy of it so that I could work my way through it for myself.

This is what Amazon says about the book:

"Tired of losing... and suspecting YOU are your own worst enemy? This is what you've been looking for! This book is full of expert, pragmatic advice for unraveling and breaking through self-defeating behavior. It uses a combination of interactive questionnaires and exercises to help you turn around your career, your relationships, and even your very own personality. This book shows you 27 self-sabotaging characteristics, how your family background effects your career, how to escape negative patterns of the past, how to form positive personal and business relationships, the 9 rules for defining success, and the importance of "imagineering."

It's written by Daniel G. Amen, M.D. who is a clinical neuroscientist, psychiatrist, and brain-imaging expert.

The book is set out (in it's 295 pages) in a question and answer format. It has hundreds of questions that you have to answer and then it tells you what your score means before diving into what your "self-sabotaging" habits are and how to overcome them.

I am totally engrossed in this book at the moment (even though so far it's telling me that I have adult ADD and slight depression which really isn't what I wanted to know).

The good thing though, is that I'm now up to the part where I'm starting to learn the steps I need to take to make the changes in my life that I need in order to become more productive, both in my work and at home.

Every day there are so many things I want to do, but rarely do I achieve them all. The whole process just becomes one big round of frustrations for me.

But I'm hoping this book will change all that. In fact, so far, I have high hopes.

I'm actually already learning a lot about myself which, although isn't good, is fixable.

It turns out that I am the nutcase that I always suspected I was. But luckily, with this book, I have the means to change that.

So if you are having recurring problems in any area of your life, I highly recommend "How to Get Out of Your Own Way: A Step-by-Step Guide for Identifying and Achieving Your Goals."

It's a new book and so far has a 100% 5 star review rating on Amazon.

By the time I've finished working my way through it, I'll be an extremely prolific and incredibly high earning writer. Better than I've ever done before.

So here I go.

Join me if you dare (finding out the truth about ourselves isn't always pretty) and if you want to have success in all areas of your life.

It's fun. And life changing.

Click the book cover image below to find out more and to see the other amazing books by the same author.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments