Wednesday 18 January 2017

New Year Writing Resolutions

“Two Thousand And Seventeen On Laptop Shows New Years Resolution” by Stuart Miles
Now that we’ve entered a New Year many people are working on their New Year writing resolutions.

I know they are because I’ve been selling more writing ebooks than usual recently.

And from all the talk online it seems that most writers are trying to earn more money from their writing this year, and some even have a set amount they’re working towards.

I have done the same thing many times.

But the problem is that you can’t actually be sure of how much money you’re going to earn.

So what I do is have an idea of how much I want to earn and then I look at how I’m going to do it.

- What books am I going to write?

- How will I market them?

- How many blog posts will I write?

- How will I increase my blog and website traffic?

- What am I going to do to get more subscribers?

These are the things I can control. It’s up to me how much I write and how I market things. But I have no real control over my exact income.

So I make a plan of what I’m going to do and I stick to it.

And then the following year I look back over what I did, what worked and what didn’t and then I make a new plan to do even better next year.

Making plans for things that I can control (like writing) works better than making plans for things I can’t control (like exact income amounts).

And as long as I’m working my plan, I’m moving forward towards my financial goal.

How about you?

What are your writing and marketing plans for the next 12 months?

What will you be doing differently and doing more of?

-------------------------

Want to get more visitors to your blog AND make more money this year?

Read my latest article, 3 Free And Simple Ways to Market Your Blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments