Monday 20 March 2017

Paperback Publishing With Kindle

“Book Library” by digitalart
A few weeks ago I wrote an article about how I’m now publishing some of my books in paperback with CreateSpace, which is owned by Amazon.


And last week I received an email from KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) on Amazon, where I publish my ebooks, telling me that KDP now publishes print books too.

This makes it possible to offer a print and an ebook version of your books from one account.

And on KDP you receive 60% royalties from all print sales, minus the cost of printing.

So the question is, am I disappointed that after setting up my books with CreateSpace, it’s now possible to do it through one account for print and ebooks?

No. Not at all.

At the moment the print option with KDP is still in Beta stage so not all the services I receive from CreateSpace are available.

For example, publishing print books through a KDP account doesn’t provide an option for  receiving physical proofs, author copies or expanded distribution.

So for now I’m happy to leave my print books with CreateSpace and I’ll probably migrate them across to my KDP account once the services are improved.

But if you only have your books available as Kindle ebooks, now is a great time to offer a print version as well through the Kindle POD option of publishing, which is also free to set up .

You can find out more and set up your own free Amazon publisher account at kdp.amazon.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments