Friday 17 November 2017

Fighting Resistance to Writing

Resistance.

I fight it nearly every day.

I love to write and yet I have to fight resistance to do it.

And just because I beat it one day, it doesn’t get rid of it.

When it comes to sitting down and getting my writing done, I always seem to have an excuse -

~ Too tired

~ Too busy

~ Too hot

~ Too cold

~ Not feeling creative enough

~ Too worried

And then one day I realised what the real problem was.

It wasn’t resistance to writing.

It was resistance to sitting down and getting started.

Once I start working it’s easy to keep going.

I just have to start.

And it works with everything.

Once I fight the resistance to begin, it’s easy to keep going.

All it takes is to stop making excuses.

And just start.

-------------------------


The War of Art : 
Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles
by Steven Pressfield
http://viewbook.at/warofart




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments