Thursday 22 February 2018

How Much Writing Time Have You Wasted?

It happens every day.

You set out with the best intentions of getting plenty of writing done.

You set your alarm clock, get up on time, have breakfast, do the dishes and are sitting down at your desk bright and early.

But then you check your emails, or start reading online articles, or check your rss feed, take a not-so-quick peek at Facebook and BAM! The morning is almost over.

Or there might be other days when you just simply can't get going and so many other things get in the way.

So how much writing time have you been wasting lately on things like TV, gossiping, coffee mornings, drinking, and other time wasting activities?

Recently, when I was listening to an audio of a talk given by one of the giants in marketing, Gary Bencivenga, he said that how he stays productive is that whenever he's doing something he always asks himself, "Is this the best use of my time?" (paraphrased)

And if it isn't, he stops what he's doing and does something useful instead (or what he should be doing).

I thought that this was a really clever way to stop wasting time on things that don't matter so that I can spend more time on things that do.

And so far it's not only working, but it's made me realise how many things I waste my time on every day.

Like this morning, for instance. I made a couple of changes to one of my website pages and a couple of words at the bottom of it weren't formatting correctly. I kept trying to find out why so I could fix the problem and then I asked myself, "Is this the best use of my time?"

I realised that it wasn't and that a couple of incorrectly formatted words didn't matter. So I uploaded the webpage and got on with my writing.

See how simply that works?

Try it for the rest of today and see what a difference it makes.

-----------------

Would you like to GET MORE DONE, in LESS TIME?

In today's hectic world, we're all looking for shortcuts that
deliver great results.

Well, I've recently started using something that helps me to
boost my focus, increase my productivity, and blast through
chores -- all quicker than ever before.

And guess what?

It's just a simple MP3 audio.

It's called Nitrofocus, and it uses special 'brainwave' sounds
to get you into 'The Zone'.

Within minutes of listening, you'll find yourself blasting
through work, clearing your inbox, even zipping through household chores, and becoming more productive.

And you don't have to take time out to use it.

Just listen while you work.

This simple MP3 audio will CHANGE your LIFE -- and best of all,
it won't cost you a penny to try it out.

Download a Free Demo of NitroFocus Right Now and Start Using It Straight Away.
http://ruthiswriting.com/links/nitrofocus.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments