Wednesday 11 June 2014

My Horoscope Was Spot On Today

astrology image courtesy of Stuart Miles FreeDigitalPhotos.net
I have an astrology app on my iPhone. I read my horoscope every day.

Usually what it says is far removed from my life and how I live it. So I mostly ignore it and give it my haughty snort of derision after every reading.

But this morning  it was so spookily accurate that I had to sit up and take notice. 

It was as though it knew what I'd been doing and what I was thinking.
You see, yesterday I was having a difficult day getting going with my writing. I'm currently working on a new ebook which I enjoy and I THOUGHT I was eager to get to work on it yesterday, but it turned out I wasn't.

Instead, I had a day of distractions. I checked my email copious times, read a few blogs, clicked on links in the blogs and read other blogs, played a computer game or two (just for a few minutes, it won't hurt, except it turned out to be for about an hour each time), checked emails a few more times, did a bit of writing, had coffee, had lunch, had a cup of herbal tea, had a snack, wrote a bit more, reread my work and wrote a bit more, checked my emails again... well you get the picture.

In fact I felt so guilty for doing so little all day that I ended up having an early shower and sitting down again and working until 8.30 that evening, forfeiting having dinner  (sad face) so that I could write more. I had to force myself to sit down and not be distracted. And it worked. But I felt miserable.

I felt miserable because I don't like having to force myself to work when I don't want to. I felt miserable because I'd wasted so much time when I should have been writing. And I felt  miserable because I would have been better off forgetting about writing for the day and going out and mowing the lawn and tending the vegetable beds instead. At least then I would have been busy all day.

So this morning I resolved to spend the day writing and to my credit, that's exactly what I've been doing and my new ebook is coming along really well, although it's turning out much longer than I expected, but my ebooks always do.

And when I checked my horoscope for today I saw that it was absolutely spot on.

My general horoscope read, "Are you an intellectual or a poet, a novelist or a playwright? The celestial energy leaves you alone with your anxieties and questions. You are sure of only one thing - words are the friends you've decided to spend the rest of your life with. This is a kind of dream and challenge that corresponds with your identity. Get to work. You'll find your vocation and passion in your writing."

Spooky huh?

And then I checked my fortune cookie app. I have to shake my phone a couple of times and it reveals the fortune inside the cookie. Today's read, "Being idle is being foolish."

I thought, "Wow! That's me told."

But how did it know?

And just in case it's watching me again today and knows what I'm doing, I'd better get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments