Wednesday 17 September 2014

You Can’t Save a Damsel Who Enjoys Distress


image courtesy of FreeDigialPhotos.net  marcolm
On a podcast I was listening to recently, I heard the expression, “You can’t save a damsel who enjoys distress.”

The podcast was about business and how not to waste time with people who won’t take advice and will never invest in their own business. These are people who are failing and seem to prefer it to trying something new.

It reminded me of a comment someone made last week about my new 15 minute article writing system.

The comment was made by someone who had obviously never tried to write an article in 15 minutes.

He said that he couldn’t see how it was possible.

So straight away I knew that not only had he not read my ebook about it, but he’d never read anything else about it either.

He simply said “Bah! Humbug!” or words to that effect, and seemed happy in his own misery.

Was I upset at the remark he made?

Not at all.

He was a damsel in distress who didn’t want saving, so I wasn’t going to waste my time on him.

But it is a good scenario to use as an example of the danger of not trying something new. If you think it can help your business or help you to write faster and be more productive, then why not try it?

The danger of ignoring something that you think could help you, is that if you don’t try it, nothing changes. Things will stay as bad as they ever were.

As George Bernard Shaw once wisely said, “People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”



Quick Cash Writing Course




The Wealthy Writer