Thursday 19 March 2015

New Work Routine Forced Me to Unclutter Which Lead to an Easier Way to Write

As I told you in the last post, I now use two computers; one for writing and one for all my other work such as uploading, emailing, accessing online accounts, etc.

This has really changed the way I work because my writing computer is distraction-free so I can't check emails, play games or log into online accounts because I don't have access to these on my new computer so I just have to keep writing.

This in turn has made me much more productive and has helped to increase my writing income.

My main computer is a Mac Book Pro and my new computer is a Mac Book Air which is light to carry around which is what I intended to do with it because I bought it so that I could also work on it away from home.

But one of the things I discovered is that I can't carry around all my usual notebooks and writing pads that I use at home.

I have several different websites in different niches and I always used different notebooks for each different site.

But with wanting to move around more I found that I can't carry it all. Not only that but it makes me have to pay more attention to EXACTLY which note books I'll be needing depending on which websites I was writing for.

So I had to streamline the way I work because I can only carry one notebook with my computer plus my usual clutter (purse, cell phone, etc). Even if I'm not going very far and only intend to work outside on the deck because it's raining (and I can't go and work in the park, and the deck has a big roof), I still can only carry so much with me otherwise it turns into several trips in and out of the house and the same again once I've finished working for the day.

So now I only have one notebook/writing pad that I use for everything, no matter which website I'm writing for.

At first I thought it was going to make things more difficult but it has actually streamlined the way I work.

No matter where I'm going to sit and work I only have to grab 3 main things - my note book, my computer and my pencil case.

And whatever helps me to unclutter and makes my life less complicated is always a welcome change.

I love having a simple life.

So why didn't I think of using less "stuff" when I'm working before?

At least I know better now.

--------------------------------


A Simple Program that Meditates for You.

Claim your free audio.

Zen12 takes the hassle out of meditation. Each 12-minute session
brings the benefit of an hour’s advanced meditation.

The program uses special ‘brainwave’ sounds to meditate for you. This means you don’t have to actively try to quieten your mind, stop fidgeting, or focus only on the meditation. And you don’t have to reschedule your day. Each session lasts just 12 minutes, and you only need to meditate a few times a week to reap the rewards.

Immediate benefits:


  • Dissolve stress, worry and anxiety
  • Greater relaxation
  • Increased focus levels
  • Enhanced creativity
  • Improvement in mood


Longer-term benefits:


  • Increased brain power
  • Dozens of proven health benefits
  • Greater inner peace and serenity
  • Higher stress threshold
  • Emotional mastery


Download your free audio now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments