Tuesday 16 June 2015

I Don't Want to Be A Web Designer. I Want to Write

SBI!As you probably already know, I've recently spent quite a bit of time redesigning my websites to make them "mobile responsive."

I did this because of the latest Google update when they threatened to stop including non-responsive mobile sites in mobile search results.

This meant that if my sites weren't mobile responsive (meaning they don't respond automatically to fit the screen size they're being viewed on) they wouldn't be included in search results for people searching online using their mobile phones.

So I grudgingly spent a few weeks changing the designs of my websites so that they can be viewed correctly on mobile phones and tablets as well as desktops.

But damn it! I'm sick of designing websites.

I want to write.

If I was just starting out and knew nothing of web page design or how to run an online business, I'd use an all-in-one web design, hosting and online business building service to simplify everything and get up and running quickly so that I could get back to writing.

But I do know a bit about web page design and I'm stubborn enough to do it all myself.

So if you're in a similar position and there are non-writing-related things you need to do, now would be a great time to do them so that you can get back to doing what you and I love to do.

Writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments