Friday 28 August 2015

The Most Asked Question About Making Money Online As A Writer

Image courtesy of Ambro, FreeDigitalPhotos.net
I've been a bit lapse lately about posting on this blog.

For this there are two reasons.

Firstly, I've been doing other writing work and secondly I've been busy doing a run of talks at several local libraries about how I make money online.

And yes, there really should be a third reason that I could have tried harder to keep up with everything, but I was just SO busy.

The reason that I'm telling you all this is because at the talks I've been giving (and I haven't finished yet, so I'll be out on the road again next week), I talk a in quite a bit of detail about how to set up a blog, how to market it, and some of the different ways to earn an income online.

Afterwards, someone always asks me, "How do you know all this stuff? How did you learn to it it all?"

And as I answer this question, everyone seems to hold their breathe as they wait for my answer, as though  I'm about to impart some secret, mystical knowledge.

I tell them my 'secret' in one, un-mystical word.

Google.

This is my go-to place for everything I need to know.

Through my searches I've always found answers to all my questions, no matter how random or complicated they seem at first.

Sometimes I find what I'm looking for, for free.

Other times I find courses, services or products that can help me, so I buy them.

But I'm always searching, finding and investing.

I'm not afraid to invest my time or money in what I need to move my business forward.

And neither should you.

Search for what you need and then use it.

The people attending my talks (called The Laptop Lifestyle) were searching for knowledge and they found a lot of it.

You can find it too, without leaving your chair and attending one of my talks by investing in your own...

Laptop Lifestyle

Living the Laptop Lifestyle

1 comment:

  1. So true, most of the things we need to learn to start a blog or make money online can be found by doing simple Google searches. I guess the only problem is when you don't know if the source of the information you've found is reliable or not. Otherwise you do learn from trying things out for yourself and I think experience teaches you things even better. I often tell people they can find out most if not all that they need to know to start an profitable blog for free online they usually don't believe me.

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Comments