Friday 23 December 2016

New Website Layout Increased Sales

Homepage of RuthIsWriting.comTwo weeks ago I decided to redesign my website homepage over at RuthIsWriting.com.

For quite some time the homepage has contained links to a few useful items from other websites, like gifts for writers (mugs, hats, T-shirts, etc) and a writing magazine subscription.

And I decided that it was time to use my homepage for my own books and ebooks.

What prompted this is because I recently set up three of my ebooks as print books too.

So I changed all the links to my books over at Cheriton House Publishing so that they included links to the newly available print editions, and I also decided to put links to them on the home page of my writing website too.

So I moved all the homepage links and ads for other products to inner webpages and listed some of my own books on the homepage instead.

Did it make a difference?

Absolutely. And it was much better than I thought it would be.

First of all I received quite a few new signups for my emails AND I sold more books and ebooks than usual.

How many more? It's hard to say in exact numbers or percentages (without doing a lot of counting and math) but I have definitely sold more books in this past fortnight than usual.

This could be partly because it's getting near Christmas (it's currently Christmas Eve, Eve) but I'm sure it has something more to do with my new webpage design and placing more book links on my own homepage.

Which just goes to show that marketing does work, even some that I didn't even tell anyone about. I just put up the new ads and left them to do their own thing.

So if you have somewhere that you want to put more links to your books, but you haven't done it yet, maybe now would be a good time, because it may increase your books sales more than you think it will.

And below is a link to one of my books that can help you start your New Year off with a much bigger online writing income.

(Gotta get my sales pitches in wherever I can) :)

Living The Laptop Lifestyle: How to Start & Grow a Profitable Online Business So You Can Quit Your Job



Cover Image - Living The Laptop Lifestyle


Click Here to learn more.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments