Monday 15 July 2019

Why You’re Not Doing Enough Writing

Lately, I’ve been thinking a lot about my current lack of writing and what to do about it.

I know that the last couple of years have been emotional for me as well as busy. Emotional with family deaths and busy with house renovations and having people come to stay at our place.

But now things have calmed down and I realise that I haven’t been writing much. In fact, throughout the last couple of years I’ve done very little writing, although I was quite busy for a while changing how I publish my books, which are now all available as paperbacks and digital books and available at all book stores and libraries all over the world, and through several different companies including Amazon and Kobo. It was a long haul of designing book covers, new formatting and updating, but it’s been worth it.

You can see more about it at https://ruthiswriting.com

Anyway, I was thinking about how to change my situation so that I get myself back into the habit of writing every day, because, to be honest, I’ve got so far out of my usual writing routine that it feels like it’s gone for good.

But I realised that it’s not impossible to get back to writing a lot and earning more money, because as well as my lack of writing, it’s also naturally affected my writing income, which is something I REALLY need to do something about because mine is the only income in the family since my husband retired early.

So while I’ve still been calling myself a writer, I haven’t actually been doing that much writing. This means that being a writer is more like my ideal life, rather than my actual life.

But what it all comes down to is that I need to spend more time with my butt firmly planted in my writing chair because this is what produces more writing and more writing income.

And it’s the same for you too. If you’re not writing enough, it’s because you’re not applying enough backside to your writing chair. Or it could be that being a writer is still only your ideal because you haven’t done anything to turn it into your reality.

Either way, it still comes down to getting more writing done.

And the only way to change that is to sit and write.

So if you want to get more writing done, make writing your priority. Make it your mission in life to be a writer and put your mission first.

And if you don’t know what to write once you sit down, read my article on what to write when you don’t know what to write about.

https://ruthiswriting.com/articles/2019/what-to-write.html

Or get a journal and when you sit down, pick up your pen and write about whatever is on your mind.

It works for me every time.

Journalling is a great way to start writing fast. And it helps me to come up with so many ideas for my writing.

And to get you started, you can click the link below and buy a wonderful journal AND get a 25% discount just by using my special code.


The Panda Planner Classic - Take 25% Off Today Enter Code LS25


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments