Friday 11 October 2019

One Reason Why I'm Reluctant To Write

Usually I love to write and I can’t stop. And I love it when I feel like that.

But there are other times when I lack motivation so much that I find it hard to even sit down and start writing.

Usually my reluctance to write is because I’m not enjoying what I’m working on which may or may not be something I’m writing. It could also be editing, proofing, uploading, website work or even research.

So what do I do when I find it hard-going?

There are three things I do:

First I look at what is holding me back and why I’m so reluctant to get on with what I’m supposed to be doing. I even journal about it if it helps.

Second, I devise a list of tasks I need to do to get the job finished.

Thirdly, I work my way through the list one step at a time till I’m finished.

I find it also helps if I use a timer to see how much I can get done in a 25 to 30 minute window because I’m more focused when I know I have limited time.

And once I’m finished I feel so much better which makes it easy to get back to working on what I enjoy.

And it all starts with finding out why I’m procrastinating, and journals are great for getting my thoughts together and figuring out what I want to do and how to do it.


Panda Planners



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments