Monday 13 January 2020

The Lazy Man’s Way to Writing More

Before we get into the subject of writing more, let me be clear that when I say ‘lazy man’s way to writing more’ and also mean ‘lazy woman.’ I know that seems obvious, but there are always a few who don’t seem to get simple things like that.

Anyway, what’s really important is writing more and not needing more time to write.

Because, let’s face it, no one wants to work any more than they need to.

But if you love to write, then it never feels like work. Writing should be something that you enjoy.

It should be fun.

That way, no matter how much time you have, you’ll always be able to write more.

Yet even for the most prolific writers, writing can sometimes seem like a struggle if it goes on for too long in one sitting.

That’s why I like to use a timer.

I set it for one Pomodoro (25 minutes) or for a Gene Schwartz 33.33 minutes, or for 45 to 60 minutes (my own choice) depending on what I’m writing and how long and complicated it is.

For short articles, I only set it for 15 minutes.

Working this way makes me focus more because when I know my time is limited, I’ve got no time to waste.

And strangely, writing this way is easier and faster. I’ve heard that it’s because it engages the subconscious brain more.

Try timed writing and see how it can help you too.


Write an Article in 15 Minutes or Less
https://ruthiswriting.com/books/15.html











No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments