Saturday 18 January 2020

Why Do I Bother Getting Out of Bed?

A while back I was talking to a woman I know and I was saying how much it was raining when the alarm went off and it felt too cozy to get out of bed.

Note: it was REALLY a while back because we've been in a 6-month drought and are currently suffering through the Australian Bush Fires. :)

Anyway, she asked me an unusual question. She said, 'Why do you set the alarm every morning?'

I said, 'To get up every day.'

And she said, 'What for?'

I said, 'So that I don't miss the day.'

She then went on to say that she couldn't understand why anyone would set an alarm clock every night when they don't have a job to get up and go to in the morning.

I didn't know what to say. She then told me that she never sets an alarm and simply wakes up when she wakes up and if she doesn't want to get up straight away, she just reads a book till around lunchtime and then only gets up because she's hungry.

I was flabbergasted. I couldn't imagine my life being so tedious and boring that I wouldn't want to get out of bed every day.

Imagine having no reason at all to get out of bed?

That's where she and I are so different.

I have a mission. It's my writing and every day I look forward to doing it.

I look forward to getting up every single day and working on it.

My mission is the most constant thing in my life.

Even if I lost everything else, I'd still have my mission.

It's why I get out of bed each and every day.

https://ruthiswriting.com/books/MCFL.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments