Tuesday 28 January 2020

Writing Updates and Other Interesting Things

It's not even the end of January yet and already this year is going great.

As you've probably seen in the news recently, here in Australia we've been having some horrendous bushfires which have been compounded by the fire crews not putting them out fast enough and instead issuing 'watch & wait' notices while the bush and the wild animals burn.

Thankfully, we're now having plenty of rain so most of the fires are out AND our land is green once again and the rivers are full. It's been a drought here for 6 months but it's certainly over now. Only last week I was down at the creek watching a poor little platypus turning over and over in the muddy water, unable to dive because the water had mostly dried up and the creek had become patchy puddles in amongst stretches of dried creek bed. I felt so sorry for the poor little thing (and platypus really are small).

But now it's been raining for days, and the platypus is happily diving deep for food again, and the land is burning no more, not that the fires came close to where I live anyway.

Also, thanks to the rain, the unbearably hot temperatures have dropped somewhat (but it's still hot because it's Summer), so all is well with the outside world again.

And on the writing front, here at chez Ruth Barringham, there are many changes afoot.

Firstly, I'm in the middle of writing my next book which is a novel. And I've been rocking on with it really well so I'm excited about finishing it soon.

I also have my web designer, aka my husband Dean, working away diligently in his study (and not swearing TOO much) redesigning my RuthIsWriting website. He's even changed the colours and the layout and has taken away everything that is not necessary.

And when he's finished, I'm going to begin a new subscriber list. I haven't done that for the past few years, but I have lots of plans for subscribers. It will be free to sign up so watch this space. I'll let you know when it's all online and ready to go.

I've also bought a new domain name. Well, actually, it's an old one that I found out was available again. It's a site called WorkAtHomAholic. I used to have this domain name years ago and now I have it back and I plan to use it as a website all about different ways to make money working from home.

I'm also still working my way through reading the amazing book by Eugene Schwartz called 'Breakthrough Advertising.' I've been trying to get through it for weeks but it's so good that I don't want to miss anything so I keep going back over and over parts I've already read. This is a book that is now difficult to get hold of, and when you do find it on places like Amazon, the price is ridiculously high.

And speaking of books, my latest one, Mission Critical For Life, is selling really well and it's available in hardback and as an ebook. It's a small book, a quick read, and packed with instantly usable information to help you transform your life. You can read it in one day and start making changes immediately.

I've also been working hard this past week restoring a dining table and four matching chairs. I've been busy sanding, varnishing and painting, and now it's finished and looks amazing. It's a fixer-up job I've been threatening to do for the last three years and I've finally done it, so it's one more thing I can tick off my to-do list.

And that is all for now.

So stay tuned for lots of up-and-coming books, websites, newsletters, and freebies.

There are plenty of things in store as my marvellous little monkey mind continues to work overtime and my fingers (which feel really rough at the moment from handing so much sandpaper) are glued to my keyboard.

:)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments