Tuesday 6 October 2020

Recent Writing Machinations And Closing My Publishing Business

Today I've added a new article to my website with the same title as this post.

It's all about how I'm changing how I work and why I've also closed by publishing business.

I think I've streamlined how I operate by closing the business which took up a lot of time and a lot of money to keep it running.

Originally, when I started the publishing company my aim was to publish books written by other authors as well as publishing my own. But what I found was that I didn't want to publish books. I wanted to write them.

It didn't take long for it to occur to me that I'm a writer, not a publisher. I mean, yes it was OK to have a company that I could use to publish the books that I wrote, but I didn't want to sit every day reading other people's books and judge whether or not I thought they were good enough to publish. 

Also, so many people sent me garbage to read. They seemed to think that their writing didn't have to be good to be published. One would-be author, after I sent him a polite rejection email saying that his writing was of a poor standard, actually emailed back and said that his writing didn't have to be good and it was an editor's job to correct and polish his work. 

Wow. Just wow.

Anyway, there's a lot more in my article which explains what I'm up to, the changes I'm making and why PLUS there are even a couple of photos of a possum, and when you read the article you'll see why the possum is also forcing me to make changes to the way I work. And if he wasn't so ridiculously cute, I'd swot his little behind and send him on his merry way, instead of allowing him to interrupt my writing time.

You can click the link below to read the article now.

Enjoy.

https://ruthiswriting.com/articles/2020/recent-machinations.html



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments