Monday 14 February 2022

Stormy Writing Weather

Photo by Felix Mittermeier on Unsplash

 Recently, where I live in Queensland, Australia, we’ve had some really wild weather.

So far this year there have been 3 cyclones (called hurricanes in some countries) off the coast bringing strong winds and flooding rains.

As you can imagine, it meant there were a lot of days when I didn’t leave home.

And because I live in a small apartment, I didn’t have much to do except sit and write.

The storms raged outside bringing plenty of trees and branches down, with gale force winds and quite the show of thunder and lightning.

Because it’s summer here, the local kids were still on school holidays which was lucky for them. I pitied anyone who had to venture outside while the storms were so severe.

I was thankful that live somewhere with onsite managers, so they had the unenviable task of clearing the debris outside, and I don't have to.

I was also grateful that I didn’t have to worry about a leaky roof, because my apartment doesn’t have one. I have a concrete ceiling and an upstairs neighbour, so when I’m indoors I’m protected from wild weather. I also have a covered balcony to protect my extra thick patio doors and my front door is a solid and heavy fire door.

So when the weather takes a turn for the worse, I simply shut myself in and get plenty of writing done.

And because I already have my 12 Month writing Plan, I already know what to write, so all I have to do is sit down and get started.

Don’t you just love it when you have time to write and so much writing to do?

I feel so cozy inside when it storms, and having a plan means I’m eager to sit down and start writing.
























Use discount code “12mthpromo”




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments