Sunday 10 March 2024

Great News! I'm Back

I haven't blogged here in a while but the great news is that I will be doing so again, starting right now.

The reason I stopped blogging was because I had taken on too much with writing books, blogging, writing articles for my website, freelance writing, and putting together my writing newsletter every month. 

It was not only a lot of writing, but it meant my mind was jumping from one writing project to the next and trying to remember what I had to do, what I hadn't done, and what to do next. And in between all that I was trying to have a life.

So in the end I let the blog go. And you might be wondering what changed my mind?

Well, I've just finished working on a whole new revamp of my website, and the new site won't have any more articles. Instead, I'll be posting all my articles here on the blog. The links to the old articles are still active but, going forward, all new articles will be here.

You can check out the new-look website at https://ruthiswriting.com

Also, I'm no longer going to be compiling and sending out my writing newsletter every month. The reasons for this are several, but mostly because it takes a long time to get all the information together and because it doesn't generate many clicks (interest) from readers. Don't get me wrong, subscribers are clicking on the links in the newsletter (writing news items, free offers, writing markets, etc), but not enough to make it worthwhile, so I can only assume that the information isn't as useful as it could be.

So, long story short, I've decided to ditch the newsletters and spend the time blogging, doing more freelance writing and writing books.

One popular part of the newsletter, it seems, was my opening editorial where I talked about what I'd been doing each month. I even suspect that it's the main reason that people were reading the newsletter, so I decided that it would be just as easy to put the information up here on my blog.

But you don't have to remember to come here to read it. If you're already one of my subscribers,  you'll now automatically receive updates to my blog so that every time I post here, you'll get an email about it, just as you probably received an email about this blog post. If you did, then it's working.

And if you want to know what I've been up to lately, well it's been quite a bit of dog sitting (for friends and neighbours, not for money) as well as writing and working on the new Ruth Is Writing website which is now online.

It's also been extremely hot and humid weather here in Queensland Australia. Most days it's been too hot to go out and we've been running the air-conditioning a lot more than I like too because it's so expensive and I prefer to keep the windows open and have fresh air, especially here on the coast where we often get a good breeze, although the breeze these days is hot and uncomfortable.

But as of 1st March, we are now officially in autumn. I just wish someone would tell the humidity that. But the day time temperatures have dropped a degree or two and the humidity is slowly abating. And because of all the heat, everyone has been coming down with flu-like illnesses. Thankfully, Dean and I are quite healthy, we eat well, get plenty of exercise, and are not on any prescription medications, so the virus going around touched us but it was just a sore throat and a bit of a blocked nose, while everyone around us having been dropping like flies.

So what am I working on right now?

I'm currently working on a horror novel which is the first one in a series of three. They will be three separate novels, not a trilogy. They just all have a horror theme.

Now I'm going to get back to working on my novel, and working on a short horror story about clowns that I'm currently working on.

And it's time for you to stop reading and start writing too.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments