Wednesday 23 December 2015

Want to Do More Writing? Get Lost!

“Business Lady Using Laptop In Park” by adams FreeDigitalPhotos.netI find that one of the hardest things about working from home is distractions.
So far today, it’s only 1pm but I’ve already had 3 phone calls, one visitor, several frantic emails to answer plus I have to call someone later who insists on speaking with me.
See?
Distractions.
This is why it’s good to get lost if I want to write.
But I don’t get literally lost.
I’m just lost from other people.
I go out to a park or to the library and ignore everyone.
Sometimes I go and sit at the back of my garden because it’s far enough away so that no one can be bothered to disturb me (I have quite a big garden).
I don’t have an internet connection on my computer when I’m ‘lost’ and I don’t answer my phone.
I write without looking up and I have my earbuds in and I listen to audios so that no one will stop to speak to me.
The audios are not only entrainment audios that help me stay focused and creative, but also help to block out all other sounds so I can get ‘lost’ in my own little world for a few hours, get amazingly creative and astound myself with how much writing I can get done when I’m left in peace to do it.
So if you want to get more writing done, first of all you need to get lost.


Looking for some brain entrainment audios to help you focus too? 
Download a free demo from Brain Salon. http://writeaholics.net/links/brainsalondemo.html.  
It’s the audios I use all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments