Saturday 26 April 2014

The Interesting 100 Book Challenge

image courtesy of quotesnsmiles.com
A few days ago I downloaded a Kindle book from Amazon called “6 Figures a Year Writing Kindle Books: 100 Book Challenge” by John Allen. UPDATE: This book is no longer available so I've changed the link to an even better book from one of my favourite writers, Dean Wesley Smith, "How to Write a Novel in Half a Month."

Now if you know me at all you’ll know I love a good writing challenge.
But writing 100 ebooks in year?

I was intrigued to read this book and I managed to read it through in about only 30 minutes. It’s not a huge book but it was interesting.

In it, the author said that the average Kindle non-fiction book is 8,000 words and fiction 15,000. His idea is to write 100 non-fiction books.

I don’t want to do a review of the book here but I do want to share what intrigued me, which was how lazy I am when it comes to writing.

The author talked about how to write fast and showed just how possible it is to write 2 ebooks a week, which is what you’d have to do to write 100 in a year (with a 2 week vacation thrown in).

He outlined how much writing to do in a week and it made me think of how lazy I’ve been.

I’ve been busy recently, as you know, with practicing writing fast and I thought I was doing really well.

But I’d never thought of writing 2 ebooks a week. And when I read about how do-able it is, it made me realise how much I’m underachieving with my writing.

With my writing commitments, I don’t actually have time to write 2 ebooks a week, but reading this book has shown me how I can pick up my own pace and achieve so much more than I’m currently doing.

That’s what I love about reading other books. Even if I just pick up one great idea, it makes reading it worth the time.

And this one definitely was worth it.

Now have to go. I have a lot of writing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments