Friday 12 September 2014

Writing Fast and Focused

My new romance novel that I published a few weeks ago is selling well.

With little (or really, no) marketing, sales are steady. It is also being borrowed often through the Kindle Lending Library. So I have to say I'm pleased with how things are going although I hope to market it properly soon.

It is a great book though and it has a twist in tail ending. It looks like the usual "will they get together or won't they" story, but the ending is a great surprise and that could be why sales and lending are up.

You can download your own copy of Stand By Me from the Amazon Kindle Store.

What I loved about writing this novel is that it was fast to do. I just wrote an outline and starting writing. Every time I sat down to write more of my novel, the time simply flew by and I could write thousands of words in one sitting.

And I think there was a reason that I found it so easy to do (and an experience I intend to repeat soon as well).

It was because I'd been practising writing quickly.

I've been practising a lot over the past few months. It wasn't that I was writing slowly before, it was just that I wanted to improve my writing output.

But although I wanted to write more I didn't want to spend more time writing. I wanted to increase my speed.

I'd been doing a lot of research about writers who write a lot to see what they were doing that was different.

What I found was they once they start writing, they are completely focused and go into a kind of 'writing frenzy' and that's how they produce so much writing every day.

And also, their writing is good. The writers I was researching (Eugene Schwartz,  Stephen King, Isaac Asimov) are/were all prolific writers and the speed at which they produced books didn't hurt the standard of their work. And they all agreed that writing quickly made them better writers.

So I looked around at all the speed-writing courses and chose a couple (I'm one of the world's permanent students) to try.

The biggest thing I found was that the more I practised, the better I became. And it didn't take me long to learn either. It only took me a week.

And once I learnt to write quickly, it spread out into all my writing. I can now write emails, blog posts, articles and ebooks with much more speed with fast, focused work.

That's when I decided to try my hand at writing romance, and it worked brilliantly.

I'd read that the most voracious readers are romance readers so that's why I chose to write a romantic novel.

And now I can not only write more books, I can write hundreds of articles, emails, blog posts, etc to market them as well.

This has certainly revolutionised the way I work. I now spend the first 2 hours of every day writing my  next book. And you won't believe how much I can achieve in that 2 hours of focused concentration.

Just try it for yourself.

I've also written a new ebook for writers called How to Write an Article in 15 Minutes or Less - including research, writing and Proof Reading which is already popular.

And once you start writing articles quickly, everything else becomes faster and easier too.

I used my new 15 minute article writing formula to earn $4,000 from writing articles in just one day.

I'm enjoying my new writing success. How about you?