Thursday 30 October 2014

Can I Please Stop Wasting My Own Time?

image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net photostock
I've read quite a lot of books and articles on Time Management because, as a writer, time is money.

The more time I spend writing, the more money I make.

The time management information I read, often talks about not letting other people undervalue and waste your time, which is relatively easy to do.

Like when someone says "Have you got a minute?" and you know that whatever they want always takes an hour instead of a minute.

So you stop them by saying "Not just now. I'm really busy. But I've got a few minutes spare at 4 p.m. Shall we talk then?" And usually it's enough to get rid of them.

But what about when it's not others wasting your time?

What if you constantly waste your own time?

It's all to easy to tell ourselves "this won't take long" or "I'll do this quickly and then get back to work." But all it does is take us away from what we should be doing and we never seem to get back on track.

So how do you stop yourself from wasting time on other things (emails, online surfing, pictures of cute kittens, etc) when you're supposed to be writing?

The best (and easiest) way I found is to do a writing course that has a deadline.

I was a prolific time-waster when I first began writing and I'd constantly check my emails, waste time clicking links on websites and playing computer games ("just for 10 or 15 minutes while I have a break" - yeah, right!)

What really helped me was downloading and completing writing courses that had deadlines so I had limited time to get them done.

My favourite was How To Write Any Book in 28 Days or Less which really got me into book writing.

And it was courses such as that, that inspired me to create my own ebook course to help other writers, The 12 Month Writing Challenge.

So if you want to stop wasting your own time and get more writing done, find a writing course with a time limit and get to work now.

Ebook courses don't cost much and are a great investment because you can earn back 30, 50 or even 100 or more times what you paid for them.

Investing in your writing is always a smart move.


Novel In A Month




The 10 Day E-Book - New Guide Unveils All





Movie In A Month Course


How To Write A Children's Book


The Wealthy Writer