Friday 5 June 2015

Are You Doing Social Media Backwards?

I see it all the time. People with links on their blogs, websites and emails with the words "Follow Me on Twitter" or "Like Me On Facebook."

But is that the correct way to use social media?

Are you supposed to use it to drive people to your social media pages?

Until recently I used to be the same.

I had links to my social media accounts on all my websites and emails.

Now they're gone.

Why?

Because you should be driving people TO your website FROM your social media pages, not the other way around.

I was listening to a podcast recently and the person being interviewed said sending your website visitors over to your social media pages is like having customers in your store and sending them to someone else's cash register.

It was a light bulb moment for me.

So now my website don't have links to my social media accounts, but my social media accounts have links to my websites.

I've finally stopped using social media backwards.

And it's working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments