Thursday 3 September 2015

Is It Just Me Or Is This A Great Blogging Opportunity Missed?

image courtesy of Stuart Miles FreeDigitalPhotos.net
I - Yi - Yi!

Sometimes I feel like I want to tear my hair out in frustration.

And this was one of those times.

It began when someone emailed me to say that they were really inspired to start blogging after attending one of my recent talks.

So you'd think that's great, wouldn't you?

But then they went on to say that they were about to embark on a year-long, low-budget trip around Australia and wanted to start a blog about it AFTER they get back.

AFTER?

AFTER...????

"No, no, no," I told them. "You need to set up a blog now and write in it as you go."

But no. They wanted to write a private journal as they travelled and blog about it in a year or two.

I tried to tell them that if they're going to write about their trip as they travel, they might as well write it on their blog and and make money at the same time.

Low-budget travelling is a popular subject so they'd probably get thousands of subscribers.

But sadly (heavy sigh...)  my protests fell on deaf ears so it is a great blogging opportunity missed.

I thought about it afterwards, wondering why the hesitation? why say no to all that potential income and blogging experience?

Then it came to me...

Fear.

Fear of starting.

I see this so often.

People tell me they want to write a book SOME DAY.

Want to start a blog SOME DAY.

Want to work from home making money online SOME DAY.

But because they haven't tried it before, they're scared to start.

Everything looks hard until you try it.

And you can only learn about blogging as you go along, not matter how much you try and learn first.

As the saying goes, no matter how much you learn about Egypt, you won't know Egypt unless you go to Egypt.

So if you've been putting off starting something, remember, you don't have to get it right, you just have to get it going.

So get it going.

Go to Egypt.

Start Living the Laptop Lifestyle Now.


Living The Laptop Lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments