Thursday 8 October 2015

How's That For Fast Writing?

How to Write An Article in 15 Minutes or Less
So often I've talked (wrote?) about how important it is to write quickly.

I'm not saying that you have to write as fast as you can, but if you write daily, your writing speed will increase with practice without you even knowing it.

And when you get quicker at writing, you'll also find you can write more in less time, or write more than ever in the usual time that you write every day.

And how much my writing speed has increased was brought home to me recently.

The other day I was pottering around doing a few chores before I sat down to write.

One of the things I did was to set up my bread machine to make some dough because I wanted to make bread rolls for dinner to go with the soup that I'd made.

The bread machine takes one hour and 30 minutes to mix the dough, warm it, let it prove (rise) and knock it back ready for me to take it out and shape it into bread rolls. And all I have to do first is put in the ingredients (gotta love bread making machines).

I'd put the bread machine out on the deck because it was a hot day and I didn't want it to heat up the kitchen.

It was right beside the outside table where I sat down to write. So as soon as I sat down I looked at the timer on the bread machine to see how much longer it had left. 35 minutes.

Just before I sat down I'd had a cup of coffee while I outlined a marketing article and a blog post.

So I took out my scribbled outlines and set to work writing the marketing article,  proof read it and submitted it to EzineArticles.com.

Then I wrote the blog post, proof read it and published it to this blog.

Just before I finished I looked down at the bread machine timer. 4 minutes remaining.

How good was that?

So I quickly added a category to the blog post, previewed it and hit 'publish' just as the beeper sounded on the timer.

I thought to myself "That was pretty amazing."

I'd written and uploaded 2 articles in exactly 35 minutes.

And that's what I mean about writing daily improving your writing speed.

I've always said that it's possible to write an article in 15 minutes.

And you can write and publish two of them in just 35 minutes.

I just proved it can be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments