Tuesday 17 November 2015

It's All Systems Go to Earn More Money Writing

All Systems to and RELEASE!
I've been busy over the past week sorting out my working systems (which also explains my lack of blog posts).

You see, although I've been working online for years now, I haven't had great systems in place which has slowed me down somewhat.

What I mean by this is that in order to do something fast and efficiently, you need to have all your systems in order.

For example, when I do mundane tasks at home like washing my clothes, I know exactly the steps I need to take to get it done quickly and efficiently.

First I go through everything in the hamper and sort it out into piles of light colours, dark colours, whites and delicates. Then I take the piles to the laundry room one at a time, put them into the washing machine, add the powder and fabric softener, turn it on and leave it for the specified time on the digital display.

Simple.

I don't even have to think about the washing. I just go into the bathroom, take the lid off the hamper and start sorting.

And it's the same with writing.

You need your systems in place.

No matter what you're doing, whether it's writing an ebook, writing an article or researching. You need to know the steps you need to take to get it done, and in what order.

So if you're writing an ebook, you need to know what to do first, which (for me) would be to summarise what the book will be about then list the chapters. From there I expand it using my own ebook writing methods.

But if I didn't know how to start writing an ebook, then I'd probably sit staring at a blank page wondering what to do, or worse, not start at all.

So over the past weeks I've been putting things in order so that I have my systems in place for everything I need to do, which included sorting through all my files (physical and digital) and putting things where they need to go to make it easier for me to find everything. It was surprising what a mess I had things in.

And now I think I'm ready.

I've been doing this all in preparation for next year because I have a lot of plans for my writing and publishing so I need to be organised and have all my systems in place which includes all my processes of how I do things.

I've also bought a few extra products (both digital and physical) that I need to streamline my writing processes even more.

I simplified everything by imagining what it would be like if I had to explain how I work to someone else, and it made me realise how messy my processes for working are, and how messy my files were. I knew where everything was, but they were all over the place and sometimes I had to search to find things which is a big time waster.

And if I want to get more done then I can't afford to waste time.

How about you?

Do you have all your writing processes organised?

Are all your systems ready to go?

If not, now is a good time (end of year) to get organised and start thinking about what you want to achieve with your writing.

Which should be more than you've achieved so far.

--------------------------------------------------------------

NEW: Activate your intentions, get clear of blocks & see results within 30 days with this brand new system from the incredibly, motivational and inspiring, Dr Joe Vitale.

What would you like to attract and have –  in only 30 days?

Just click the image on the left to find out more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments