Tuesday 1 August 2017

Motivation From Actor Sam Shephard

RIP Sam Shepard 1943 - 2017
I heard the sad news this morning that actor Sam Shepard had died at the age of 73.

He was born in 1943 and not only was he an actor but also a playwright and writer.

I was reading about him online before I began writing today and I found his story to be remarkably motivating.

It seems that during his life he starred in over 50 movies. That is a lot of movies.

Not only that but he also wrote 14 plays AND wrote over 20 novels.

I sat there in amazement at how much this man has achieved.

It takes months to make a movie, not to mention all the travelling and promoting that the stars do for marketing.

And Sam Shepard was in 50 movies!

That is a lot of acting and promoting.

Not only that but he also found time to write over 20 novels.

AND he also wrote 14 plays.

This man was a working and writing mash-eeeen.


I sat in awe at how much he had achieved in his life and thought about what had motivated him to work so hard.

And I figured that maybe he just enjoyed what he did so much that he just couldn't stop doing it. No one could work that hard at something if they weren't fully motivated and inspired to do so.

In a way, it's the same for all successful writers. They work so hard at what they do because they love what they do.

Just like in the book I read recently, Careergasm, you need to find what you REALLY love to do and that will give you all the motivation you need to be a writing mash-eeeen.

And now...it's time for me to write my own 20 books, 14 plays and audition for 50 movies.

Wish me luck.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments