Wednesday 18 July 2018

Earn Money Writing From Everything You Read

There's no doubt that the saying is true.

Writers are readers.

Now you may think that it can't be true because you don't read much at all, so let me rephrase that:

Successful writers are readers. (If you don't read a lot, you probably don't write a lot either.)

They read a lot.

And over the years I've discovered that I can earn money from things that I read.

I do it quite by accident, yet it happens often.

What I do is, when I'm reading something and I want to remember it, I take notes.

I read a sentence or two, or a paragraph or two and then in my own words, I write it down.

I write down what I've just learned, just like I used to do when I was studying at school and university.

I especially do it when I'm reading a book from the library because I can't keep it. But I can keep my book of notes and quotes (I write out passages from the book that I think are remarkable).

And then sometime later, when I want to look for something in my notes, I realise that what I've written is gold.

So I rewrite and expand it all into a series of articles or emails or even a book.

And that's how I earn money from what I read.

But as a cautionary note, I'm not saying I plagiarise. I don't write things out word-for-word (except for the short quotes).

I write everything in my own words, the way I understood it, just like I used to do at school when I was studying for exams.

--------------------

Goodbye Writer's Block
How to Be a Creative Genius and Have an Abundance of Ideas Plus the Inspiration and Motivation to Write
https://ruthiswriting.com/books/WB.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments