Friday 20 July 2018

How I Listen to Ebooks and Articles

Sometimes I come across long articles and ebooks that I want to read but I don't have time.

So I listen to them instead when I'm doing other things like cleaning or weeding (both of which are dull and tedious) or cleaning the car.

If it's an ebook, I open it on my Kindle App on my iPhone. Then I swipe two fingers down the screen from the top and SIRI starts reading it to me. The pages also turn automatically too.

If it's an online article, I open it on my iPhone browser, choose "reader" mode from the URL from the menu (the little horizontal lines that appear in front of the URL when you hover over it) to get rid of all the clutter on the page, like ads and banners, and then I do the two-finger downward swipe from the top of the screen and SIRI's voice kicks in again.

If I'm on my Mac Book Pro computer, I use the speech option from the top menu which is in the drop-down list under "Edit."

I learn a lot from listening to ebooks and articles plus, being engrossed in what I'm listening to always helps me glide through boring chores. Not only that but sometimes I do extra chores just so that I can finish what I'm listening to.

If I like what I hear I often go back and read it later and take notes when I get time.

And it always ends up as a win-win situation because chores get done while I'm entertained and I learn something all at the same time.

---------------

Grammarly. The free writing app.
http://ruthiswriting.com/links/grammarly.html




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments