Wednesday 30 January 2019

Off-Line And Not Writing

You may have noticed (or not) that I haven't posted anything for over a week now.

And the reason is two-fold.

First of all, my computer had a meltdown.

It started slowing down and crashing and then began issuing "Panic Reports." I had no idea what they were until someone at the computer shop explained to me that they are what the computer does when it struggles to open apps and times-out too often.

Anyway, long story short, it turned out that my operating system, that I'd only updated a few weeks ago, had become corrupted and so it was struggling to open apps, even standard ones like Apple Mail.

And so after spending several days trying to clean up my hard drive and rebooting my computer, I finally had to give in and take it to the shop for a few days.

But now it's back.

I had to spend a few days without my email or any of my usual digital files, so I had to occupy myself by catching up a few other things I'd been putting off.

The second problem was that there was a bit of a family emergency that I had to deal with, which consumed both my time and my mind.

But now that fire is out and things are back to normal.

So now I'm back to writing and posting on my websites.

And the best thing is that even though I hadn't worked for a few days, it didn't interfere with my income and my books went on selling and my websites continued to earn money.

That's just one of the things that I love about my work-from-home writing job.

But I wouldn't want to be away from the online world for too long because it could end up costing me money, and I'd miss it too much.


Living The Laptop Lifestyle: How to Start & Grow a Profitable Online Business So You Can Quit Your Job


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments