Friday 29 March 2019

What’s Stopping You?

A few days ago I was reading a Facebook post by motivational speaker and life coach, James Arthur Ray.

In it he was talking about his upcoming show in Las Vegas. It looked intriguing, but Las Vegas is a long way from where I live in Australia.

So I commented and said that I couldn’t make the show but asked would it be recorded for downloading at a later date?

The answer came back from him pretty quickly.

No. Definitely not. No repeats. No re-dos. No recordings.

In fact he asked me why couldn’t I just come to the show? “What’s stopping you?”

He also said that if I really wanted to attend, then I wouldn’t let anything stop me and I wouldn’t be looking for excuses not to go.

So I thought about it for a while and I couldn’t think of a legitimate reason for not going. If I really wanted to go, I’d do whatever it took to be there. So if I was honest with myself, I didn’t really want to go as badly as I thought I did.

And then I thought about asking, “What’s stopping you?” about all situations in life.

Whenever you say you want to do something, but you’re not doing it, what’s stopping you?

The same can be asked if you’re not doing as much writing as you say you want to do. What’s stopping you? There really is no excuse for not writing. It’s cheap, it’s free to do and everyone has some spare time to write, no matter how busy they say their life is.

No matter what obligations we might say we have other than writing, they don’t take up every minute of every day.

If you’re not writing as much as you say you want to, then you’re just not in the right mindset to write.

The question you need to ask yourself is, how badly do you want to do it?

And if there’s nothing stopping you, except your reluctance to do it, then you need to change how you feel and start writing.

Just sit down, write, and stop making excuses.



Change How You Feel In Just 30 Minutes or Less. 
Focus, Sleep and Relaxation.
Download a Free Demo Now.
https://ruthiswriting.com/links/brainsalondemo.html



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments