Monday 11 November 2019

New Operating System Woes

Recently, my MacBook Pro computer did a huge system update so that I am now running on Catalina instead of Mojave.

The problem with this is that it was such a big upgrade that not only did it take hours to do, but it also stopped me from using much of my software because it won't run on the new system.

Amongst other things, it's stopped me using Word for Mac and also Adobe Dreamweaver, which is killing me because I use Dreamweaver to create and update my websites.

And this software can't be bought anymore and instead I have to buy a monthly license to use it, which is going to run out quite expensive because I not only need the web designing software, but I also want quite a few other Adobe programs so that I can work with documents and be able to create book covers.

I have someone who designs the front covers, but I need to be able to create paperback covers that have a front, back, and spine, which is work that my husband does for me. He takes care of all the technical things like that and deals with the actual book publishing as well.

So I now find myself in the position of having articles waiting to go on my website but not being able to format and upload them.

And to make matters worse, I've also had to change my home internet because I was still running on ADSL instead of the NBN network, and the change has finally been forced because they are shutting down the ADSL soon. So this has been another annoying and time-consuming thing that I've had to deal with.

So far it's been several months of interruptions.

First of all, I came down with the flu three months ago and I coughed so hard I cracked/broke a rib which was extremely painful and I could hardly move for weeks. Then once that was over I got a head cold and now I've also had to change my internet, update my computer and lost use of much of my software in the process.

And now one of my hosting companies, Netregistry, has once again taken an unauthorized payment from my credit card, which is only one of the underhand things they've done to me recently, so now I'm moving my accounts to another company.

I'm so sick of dealing with one setback after another.

Sometimes it all feels like a personal attack.

But I'm getting through it now, thank goodness.

And I can't help but think that it's all happening at once because better things are on the way.

But if you have noticed the lack of updates and new articles on my writing website at https://ruthiswriting.com, it's all because of my lack of website software and Netregistry causing me more problems. And when I look online at the huge amounts of complaints against this company, it's no surprise that I'm having problems with them too.

However, all is not lost and soon, when I've made up my mind as to which software I'm going to subscribe to, I'll be back at full speed of writing and earning money.

The good news is that I'm currently writing my next book which will help you do more, achieve more and live the life you were meant to, instead of sitting back, letting things happen and wasting your time reacting to it all.

It's aimed at making you more confident, less needy and a thousand times more productive and happy.

Stay tuned...


Grab a Book, Start Writing, And Make More Money Than Ever Before
https://ruthiswriting.com/make-money.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments