Wednesday 6 November 2019

The Startling Discovery That Being a Writer is Not a Job

I’ve wanted to be a writer for as long as I can remember although until the internet came along I had no clue how to go about it, so I just put it to the back of my mind and got on with my life.

Thankfully though, things eventually changed and I managed to make my dream come true by transitioning from being an employee to working from home as a writer, but the startling thing was that I had no idea the amazing difference it would make to my life.

You see, in my mind, being a writer was the same as having a job but instead of going to work every day, I’d go to my desk at home and work. So to me, it was just a different type of job, and one that had no traveling to work time.

But I was completely wrong.

What happened was that I discovered that it wasn’t just a different type of job, it was a whole new lifestyle. A whole new way of living.

I didn’t need to keep regular hours and even when I went on holiday I’d take my writing with me. That’s because it didn’t feel like work. Once I was working on a project, I’d take it with me wherever I went.

At first I couldn’t understand why I wanted to continue writing even when I didn’t have to, but eventually I realised that it wasn’t a job anymore. It was a way of life. And I know that sounds really corny, but it’s true.

The huge difference I found between having a job and being a writer, was the inspiration for my best selling book, Living The Laptop Lifestyle. But even in that book, I cannot explain how great my life is now.

And no one can understand how great it is until it happens.

Living this way and earning money online from my writing, is not a get rich quick scheme or anything like that. But rather, it’s a transition from working for a living to living at an easier, slower pace of life.

And this is why I’ll never “work” again.


https://ruthiswriting.com/books/LLS.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments