Wednesday 8 January 2020

Make Writing Fun and You’ll Do It More

A few days ago I wrote a blog post called ‘It’s Not What You Say, It’s the Way You Say It.’

This post was all about how prolific novelist, Dean Wesley Smith, says that writing should be fun. This post even included a short video about it.

In the video, he says that you shouldn’t take writing too seriously, and instead just enjoy doing it.

And he’s right.

I find that when I try and write something that I don’t enjoy (like when I write because I think I should or because I think it’s something that can earn me a lot of money) I’m reluctant to do it and find myself procrastinating a lot.

Also when it’s something I don’t enjoy writing, I tend to overcorrect my work which not only delays publication, but the work is never as good as it should be.

The thing about enjoying what you write is that you know you’ll enjoy it before you even write one word because you’ll be enthusiastic and fully motivated.

This is the complete opposite of writing what you think you SHOULD write or what you think will earn you the most money.

Instead, let writing be fun and relaxing and do the writing you were meant to do and you’ll know it by how much you want to do it.

And you won’t feel the need to overcorrect your work and you’ll earn money anyway.

Also, your writing will be better because your attitude also shows in the tone of your writing.

So now go ahead and write the book you’ve always wanted to write.

7 Day eBook Writing and Publishing System
Want to be a published author by this time next week?
https://ruthiswriting.com/books/7day.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments