Friday 30 April 2021

Does Outlining Kill Creativity?

There’s always been an ongoing debate amongst writers about whether or not outlines help or hinder creativity.

Some writers are known as “pantsers” because they never outline and so write by the seat of their pants. They don’t even know what the ending of their book is going to be until they write it.

Others only know the characters they want to write about and will outline their whole life history and then write a story around their personalities.

Still others only have a brief idea about the beginning, middle and end of their story and just wing it as they write.

There are also some who write out a one (or several) page synopsis and go from there while others have a detailed chapter-by-chapter outline to work from.

Personally, I need to know what I’m doing and if I don’t know the ending then I don’t know how to get there, so I do like to follow an outline because I find it easier to write that way, but I always reserve the right to make as many changes to it that I need to as my story progresses.

So does outlining kill creativity?

IMHO I think that it only kills creativity if you stick to it too rigidly.

But everyone is different so we all have to try it and see what works best for us.

One thing I do know for sure is that whether you like to use detailed outlines, brief outlines or no outlines, my 7-Day eBook Writing & Publishing System will DEFINITELY help you write and publish an ebook in 7 days AND start making sales.

You’ll also discover how you can write a short report or ebook in as little as 2 hours - and these short books are great for marketing or selling.

Just imagine how much you could write if you could do it so quickly.

Click the link below to discover more.


https://ruthiswriting.com/books/7day.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments