Thursday 17 June 2021

Writing a Fiction Book. Advice For Beginners

When I first wanted to write for a living, one of the first things I did was take a creative writing course.

Unfortunately, this was back in the bad old days before the internet became a big thing, so I had to do my course via snail mail, so I was usually almost finished my next writing assignment before I received a response and corrections from my tutor about my previous assignment.

Yep, it was slow going. But I did learn a lot. In fact, I made my first few hundred dollars from short stories I'd written as part of my assignments, so the course really did pay for itself.

And now we have the internet which is full of online writing courses. And most of these courses are taught using video as well as written material and students have access to online forums and chat rooms, instead of only having badly printed pages of information to go through like I did.

One of the things I like about doing writing courses (and I've done several over the years) is that by the time I'm finished I've either earned money, or I have a completed manuscript ready for publishing. And the best thing is that all I had to do was follow the instructions that I was given, instead of trying to go it alone and sitting in front of a blank sheet of paper, not knowing where to start or how to proceed.

I love being able to write a book by simply sitting down and following instructions that not only tell me what to do next, but how to do it. And when I've worked my way through the course, voila! I have a completed manuscript. It makes the whole thing painless and simple, especially for beginners like I was.

So if you've always wanted to write a book, but you don't know where to start, try signing up for a writing course.

I recently come across a really comprehensive course called My Fiction Writing.

The course teaches fiction writing using video, workbooks, and planners, amongst other things.

It covers 6 modules:

~ How to Write a Novel

~ How to Write a Screenplay

~ Outlining

~ Story Structure

~ Plotting

~ Character Development

And this writing course is currently selling for less than half the usual price. So it's a real bargain.

Click the link below to have a closer look and see just how much you'll learn when you sign up for My Fiction Writing.

Or use Google to find another course of your own choosing. 

Either way, a writing course can make all the difference when it comes to starting and finishing writing a novel.


My Fiction Writing Course





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments