Friday 15 October 2021

Why Do You Want To Write?

It's great to want to be a writer, even better if it's how you want to earn your living.

But before you can take it to the next level, you need to know what kind of writer you want to be. What is it that you want to write?

When you imagine yourself as a writer, what are you doing? What are you writing?

Are you writing books? Articles? Copywriting? Journalism? Fiction? Non-fiction? Essays?

What is it that you want to write?

They say that once you go somewhere in your imagination you can go there in life.

But what if you don't know where you want to go and what you want to do?

I had the same issue when I first began writing, so  I did everything. I tried every kind of writing that I could. I tried whatever appealed to me. And that taught me not just what I was good at, but also what I wasn't good at. Writing erotic stories was something I was really, REALLY bad at.

I also learned what type of writing I enjoyed.

So if you're sitting on the proverbial fence, or you don't know what kind of writing you want to do, just start. It doesn't matter what you do, just do something. Take a course, buy a book, start journalling, start searching online, enter a competition, find some writing prompts.

Once you begin you'll feel motivated and soon you'll know what you want to do.

The Monthly Challenge Writing Series







No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments