Friday 24 December 2021

Working On My 2022 Writing Goals

It’s now so close to the end of 2021 and I still haven’t finished sorting out my writing goals for next year.

But I have been looking at all the things I do in a day/week/month, including sleeping, eating, and time with family. And all this certainly takes up most of my time.

I looked at my list and thought that many people work 40 hours a week and still do all this stuff so where am I going wrong, because according to my calculations, I only have 13 hours of writing time a week. That’s less than most people’s part-time working hours.

I gave it more thought and realised that no matter how I try and divide my time, every day is different. Some days I only write for a couple of hours, and other days I write all day. It seems to depend on how much I have to do and what mood I’m in.

And when I worked it out, I sit and write far more than 13 hours a week. But if that’s so, then how do I still fit in all the other stuff?

And even more confusing, if I now live in a small apartment so that I don’ have a lot to do then how come I have so much to do?

My poor little monkey mind could not figure this out. I’m no math genius, but these numbers just aren’t adding up.

So instead, I’m going to take a run at it from a different angle and look at what I actually do every day, hour by hour, and how much time it takes me. But I’m sure I already know, because it’s what I do every day. Now I’m really confused.

I’ve also been looking at what I want to write, and I already have so many ideas already, probably more than I can do in a year.

Or maybe I should push myself to do it all anyway? I’ll let you know how it goes.

I hope your writing plans are coming together too, and that 2022 will be your most profitable writing year ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments