Friday 1 August 2014

How I Get Ideas For Writing Even When I Think I Have None

Image courtesy of Stuart Miles, FreeDigitalPhotos.net
One of the hardest things I find, as a writer, is running out of ideas.

Yes I want to write ebooks. Yes I want to write articles. Yes I want to write blog posts. Yes I want to write emails, sales pages, auto-responders and more. But if I don't have any ideas then I'm stuck.

Thankfully I have a way of finding ideas, even when I don't think I have any at all and then next thing I know, I'm raring to go.

And this is how I do it.

Usually, if I'm working on my own writing projects, I'm  promoting one of my own ebooks or an affiliate product.

So I get out my ideas notebook and start to look through it. This is my favourite book where I write down ideas as they come to me even if I have no clue as to how I'm going to use it.

I also listen to my Brain Entrainment audios at the same time because they are an important part of keeping me focused and creative. I use them every day and usually several times a day while I'm writing.

I also sometimes flip back through my diary to see what I've been working on in the past or I'll look at what I was doing last week.

This will usually help to supply me with an abundance of ideas.

I usually find that once I find a few ideas and start writing them down, I think of more and more as I'm writing and before I  know it my idea for one article has turned into a whole series of articles or my next ebook.

Or if I want to write an ebook but I don't know where to start, I go back over How to Write Any Book in 28 Days or Less, which I've owned for years now and I use it to create an outline and from there a blueprint for my ebook.

After that the writing is easy and once I have my ebook blueprint I can also write marketing articles, blog posts and emails to help sell it too.

And it all starts with that spark of an idea.

Try it next time. Just sit with a pad and pen and read through some old material or old blog posts and articles and see how many ideas it sparks.

And write them down straight away.

If you're like me, you'll find that once you start writing the ideas start flowing.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments