Wednesday 21 February 2018

Time is Really All We Have

We all talk about time and say things like "don't waste my time" or "I don't have time."

But have you ever thought that time is all we really have.

Our life is our time. So if someone or something is wasting our time, it's wasting our life.

That's why it's important to make the most of our time (our life).

So to be a successful writer means to find the time to write.

But it's all too easy to say that you don't have more time to write because of work and family commitments.

Naturally, there may be pockets of time somewhere that you can use to get more writing done.

But who wants to work every hour of every day, right?

The other alternative is to write more in the time you have.

Do you know that when J K Rowling wrote her second Harry Potter book she was a single mother and had a full-time job so her only spare time to write was her lunch hour which she spent at her computer writing. She guarded that one hour a day ferociously.

The 'trick' is to write faster.

It's well-known that writing faster usually means writing better because you don't have time to second-guess yourself and it also leaves no option for procrastinating. You just don't have time for it.

Author Rachel Aaron is best known for her book, 2k to 10k: Writing Faster, Writing Better, and Writing More of What You Love where she demonstrates how she increased her writing speed from 2,000 words an hour to 10,000 words an hour, which she had to do because she couldn't find more time to write so she had to write more.

You can read more about her amazing book at http://viewbook.at/2kto10k.

I've read it and I can tell you that it can really help you to increase your writing speed.

And like they say, I can write better when I'm writing faster because I don't have the time to worry about anything. I just have to keep writing.

I use a timer to keep me on track. I set it and see how much writing I can get done in the time that I've allowed myself, which is usually in repeated sessions of 33 minutes and 33 seconds as taught by the late, great copywriter, Eugene Schwartz.

It really helps me to make the best of the writing time that I have every day.

-----------------

How to Make Money Writing Simple, 500-Word Articles
http://ruthiswriting.com/links/seoarticles.html



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments