Thursday 14 June 2018

The Lesson I Recently Learned About Habits and My Challenge To You

For the past week I've been dog sitting. I've been looking after my daughter's little dog for 7 days.

She's a sweet little thing, extremely tiny (a Chihuahua cross) and so full of life she wears me out.

She is such a full-on little girl and her energy never seems to wain. She's like the Everyready Bunny and just goes and goes and goes, wanting to play all day.

And she loves toys.

On my desk I have a little stuffed toy of Marvin The Martian character from the Looney Toons cartoons.

Whenever Marvin falls off my desk, the little dog is quick to snatch him up and run off with him.

I took the dog home yesterday and today I sat down to write (haven't done much of that over the past week with the little Tasmanian Devil of a dog whirling around and barking at me when I don't pay her  enough attention), I took out my diary and when I closed the desk drawer, Marvin slipped sideways.

He would have fallen off the desk but quick as a flash I grabbed him and sat him up again.

And it occured to me that the reason I grabbed him so fast was so that the little dog couldn't get him.

But she's not here anymore.

Not only that, but last night, I nearly snapped the end off a dog treat before I gave it to our dog, thinking that I still needed a little piece for the other dog.

It's amazing how quickly my new habits formed. In just 7 days.

And you may be wondering what this has to do with writing, so I'll tell you.

If you have poor writing habits, like not having enough bum-in-chair time or getting easily distracted by bright, shining things on the internet or Facebook, try changing your habits for just 7 days and see the impact in can make into how much writing you get done and how much more money you earn.

Make it a one week challenge to sit and write more and to not get distracted by the internet.

Just sit down every day, write, and ship your work.
https://goinswriter.com/you-must-ship/

See how much you can write and publish in the next 7 days.

-------------------

Goodbye Writer's Block
How to Be a Creative Genius and Have an Abundance of Ideas Plus the Inspiration and Motivation to Write
http://www.cheritonhousepublishing.com/books/WB.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments