Friday 10 September 2021

Don’t Think. Just Write

 Years ago, I knew I wanted to write, so I did. I wrote, submitted my work to magazines and earned money.

Next, I wanted to have my own website, so I did a web design course and set up my first site.

I also wanted to write a book and get it published so I wrote it and published it while stumbling through the whole process and learning as I went along.

It was during this time that I came across an online “Guru” called Mike Littman and his mantra was “You don’t have to get it right. You just have to get it going.”

I loved that, so it’s what I always did. It’s also how I always write. I just keep going and write in the ‘flow’. No editing. Just writing.

Sometimes as I write I think I’m going wrong, but I don’t stop. I just keep writing.

And in the end it’s usually OK and I can fix things in the edit.

What’s always worked for me is not to overthink things. I simply get things started and make changes as I go along.

I never overthink my writing either.

I create an outline and write from there.

If you want to achieve more, don’t get it right, just get it going.

You won’t regret it.


Books to help you make money from your writing

https://ruthiswriting.com/make-money.html









No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments