Monday 31 January 2022

Why I Hated Writing And What I Did About It

Fed up and hating writing


A terrible thing happened when I was writing my latest book. 


I hated writing it.

 

I kept going and finished the first draft, but I wasn’t enjoying the process at all.

 

And as we all know, if you don’t enjoy writing it will always result in bad writing.

 

We can’t hide our feelings from our writing.

 

I sat there dumbfounded, staring at all the useless garbage I’d just written. No matter how many different ways I looked at it there was no way I could save any of it.

 

So what had gone wrong?

 

I realised that I’d written it from the vaguest of outlines and I’d forgotten where I was going with it, so I’d simply ‘winged’ most of it, not even knowing what points I was trying to make along the way.

 

So I scrapped the whole thing, thousands of words and hours of time lost. But it had to be done.

 

I then planned it out, outlined it thoroughly so I’d know exactly what I wanted to say, and rewrote the whole thing.

 

And this time I enjoyed writing it and I managed to finish it in just one week. In fact, I was enjoying working on it so much, I was disappointed when it was finished.

 

No doubt the same thing happens to you sometimes too. You start writing a new book, but you’re not enjoying it and it’s not your best work. Something is wrong and you need to figure out what that is.

 

It may be that you simply need a better plan, a better outline, and clearer direction of what you need to do.

 

Take the time to figure out where you’re going wrong, and get a clear plan of action.


 

 

The 12 Month Writing Challenge: Write and Publish 12 Books in a Year


Use the introductory discount code ‘12mthpromo.’

BONUS copy of The One Month Author


https://cheritonhousepublishing/books/12MTH.hml




 





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments