Monday 7 February 2022

Writing Plans And Keeping On Track

Keeping my writing plan on track
Photo by Chad Peltola on Unsplash

As you know my plan this year is to write a book a month.

We’re now into February and I’ve written and published my first book and I’m now working on my second which means I’m writing to schedule, but I want to do better. I want this year to be my most productive.

To that end, I downloaded and read the book ‘How To Write Pulp Fiction’ by James Scott Bell, to find out how the pulp fiction writers wrote over a million words a year. It was an insightful and fascinating read. 

Now I’m reading ‘Wake Up and Live’ by Dorothea Brande which is all about a formula for success that is extremely simple (and has been there all the time but you just couldn’t see it) that can alter every aspect, attitude, and relation of your life, including writing, and it can help to make your writing flow and fast so that you can write more than you ever thought possible.

And all it takes is a shift in attitude and perspective that releases your energy for writing as well as improving every aspect of your life.

This too is a fascinating book. I’m only partway through reading it but already it’s opened my eyes to how wrongly I look at things, and how, without me even realising what is happening, it’s causing me to fail, and doubt myself.

This book was written in the 1930’s but it’s still relevant today. It’s available from the kindle store for as little as 99c. https://amzn.to/3gs6WU4 

I hope your writing plans for 2022 are on track too. But if they’re not, there’s still time to download your own copy of the 12 Month Writing Challenge: Write and Publish 12 Books In a Year.

For a short while you can still get a copy for only $9.99 using the discount code “12mthpromo”. The usual price is $24.99.

So don’t miss out.


P.S. The 12 Month Writing Challenge also comes with a free copy of the One Month Author



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments