Monday 19 February 2018

An Ingenious Strategy For Writing More Books

I was listening to one of the audio recordings from The Titans of Direct Response Marketing seminar which I purchased recently. http://titansdvds.com.

And in it, one of the biggest Titans, Gary Bencivenga, was talking about the best time to write.

He said that the first hour of the morning was the best time because (and I'm paraphrasing here) it's a mix of time in the brain between the awake conscious mind and the still-sleepy unconscious mind, which makes it the best time to let great ideas flow.

This is also somewhat echoed by others like author Jack Canfield who calls the first hour of the day his "Hour of Power" which he uses for 20 minutes each of exercise, meditation and reading. You can read more about it at http://jackcanfield.com/blog/tools-for-success-hour-of-power/.

And there is also, of course, writer and speaker, Hal Elrod who years ago devised his Miracle Morning strategy to help people really set up their day so they feel highly motivated and productive.

He even wrote a book about it that has been one of the world's best sellers for years. The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed To Transform Your Life… (Before 8AM) is one of the highest rated books on Amazon and is being widely regarded as “one of the most life-changing books ever written.”

It's based on the premise that how you start your day largely determines the quality of your day, your work, and your life. http://viewbook.at/MiracleMorning.

And I've found the first hour of my day to be the best time to write my books.

Before I do anything else like check emails or check my diary to see what I'll be working on for the rest of the day, I get out my latest manuscript and work on that for an hour.

I find that my ideas flow much more freely and easily.

And it also helps me because even if other things come up during the day so that I don't get as much writing done as I wanted to, at least I've moved further forward on my book.

And it's an ingenious way to make sure that I get more writing done because as Hal Elrod says in his book, The Miracle Morning, how you start your day determines the quality of the rest of the day.

----------------


Children's Writing Super System

How to write and publish a children’s book

Here's what You'll Learn

  • How to develop an unbreakable plot
  • How to create Character Triangles
  • How to design a Picture Book dummy
  • How to avoid common children's book writing mistakes
  • How to write a killer proposal
  • How to meet with an editor...with confidence
  • The steps to getting your children’s book published
  • The BEST way to pitch your book
  • NINE in-depth audio sessions
  • A 78-page workbook in PDF format
  • Writing Momentum’s Field Guide to the BEST Children’s Books…Ever! in PDF format
  • The full text of Poetics by Aristotle in PDF format
  • An unbeatable 60-day, 100% satisfaction promise

http://ruthiswriting.com/links/childbooksys.html



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments